The DMS Go+ Portable Ultrasonic Scope
The DMS go+ is a recent addition in the arsenal of test equipment available to
the NDT conducting an UT exam.
Navigating the DMS Go+ Menu System
Navigating the menu is handled with the D-PAD control. The right and left arrows will cycle through the LOWER STRIP MENU. Also, UP and DOWN arrows cycle through the LEFT PANEL MENU selections. Notice the LEFT PANEL MENU changes according to what LOWER PANEL MENU item is currently highlighted.
Also notice there are four(4) FUNCTION KEYS, two top and two bottom, that map to the SCREEN FUNCTION MENU. The SCREEN FUNCTION MENU is located in the top left corner of the screen, and comprises a small quadrant of four(4) squares. These SCREEN FUNCTION MENU items are selected using the top and bottom sets of FUNCTION KEYS.
An important use of these FUNCTION KEYS is to return HOME. While navigating the LEFT PANEL MENU, press the top LEFT FUNCTION KEY to go HOME. The current lower panel menu selection is again highlighted, and it is possible to use the left and right arrows to move along the LOWER PANEL MENU.
Calibrate the DMS Go+
To calibrate the DMS Go+ use the DPAD and navigate to PROBE&CAL on the LOWER PANEL MENU then navigate along the LEFT PANEL MENU to CALIBRATE. With CALIBRATE highlighted RIGHT ARROW on the DPAD, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Create a Data File in the DMS Go+
The following instructions detail the steps necessary to create a data file in the DMS Go+.
- Use the DPAD, and navigate to the Data Recorder selection on the LOWER PANEL MENU.
- Use the DPAD, and navigate to the Explorer selection on the LEFT PANEL MENU.
- Press the DPAD right. (The Explorer menu will appear on the screen.)
- Select NEW by using the LOWER LEFT FUNCTION key.
- Use the DPAD, and navigate to File type GRID.
- Navigate to starting row and ending row, and set these to appropriate values.
- Navigate to starting column and ending column, and set these to appropriate values.
- Select NEXT by using the LOWER LEFT FUNCTION key.
- Enter the name of the file you are creating.
- Select NEXT again by using the LOWER LEFT FUNCTION key.
- Select DONE by using the UPPER RIGHT FUNCTION key.
Menu Selections Available from the DMS Go+ Screen
- Probe and Cal
- PROBE, MODE,
CALIBRATION, PROBE ZERO,
Velocity,CAL REMINDER, TEMP COMP,PROBE DELAY
- MODE,DUAL-MULTI, display delay,display range, FREEZE,MAX GAIN MODE, maxgain,RESULTS
- gate a start,gate a width, GATE A THR
- EXPLORER, PROPERTIES, VIEW,MASTER CMT, EXPORT,OVERWRITE
- LOAD P-SET,SAVE P-SET
- UPDATE RATE,
LAST READING, BRIGHTNESS,
DT FMT, DATE TIME,
POWER DOWN, UNIT, RESOLUTION, ZERO BLOCK, VEL REF. BLOCK, LOCKOUT, MENU MODE, FUNC KEY, PASSWORD, CODE, ABOUT