- Detailed Pre-Job Brief
- The detailed pre-job brief is a safety/quality enhancement tool in
that personnel receiving a brief feel empowered to achieve.
- Task Preview (SAFER)
- Summarize, Anticipate, Foresee, Evaluate, and Review.
- 2 Minute Rule
- Follow a 2 minute rule to ask questions, make observations, and
review conditions before safely beginning work.
- Questioning Attitude
- Self-explanatory. Ask questions and Stop when Unsure.
- STOP When Unsure(SAFER)
- Just do it!
- Three Way Communication
- Sender, response, and confirmation.
- Phonetic Alphabet
- Use eliminates miscommunication in noisy environments.
A - Alpha; B - Bravo; C - Charlie; D = Delta; E - Echo; F - Foxtrot;
G - Golf; H - Hotel; I - India; J - Juliet; K - Kilo; L - Lima;
M - Mike; N - November; O - Oscar; P - Papa; Q - Quebec; R - Romeo;
S - Sierra; T - Tango; U - Uniform; V - Victor; W - Whiskey; X - X-ray;
Y - Yankee; Z - Zulu
- Procedure Use and Adherence
- Eyes on the path to success.
- Placekeeping (Circle and Slash)
- Avoid skipping steps or taking shortcuts.
- Use of flagging identifies components that require work.
- Self Checking (touch STAR)
- Stop, Think, Act, and Review.
- First Check
- Remote checking using second personnel via telephone or radio.
- Peer Check
- Team member checks work.
- Independent Verification
- Performer verifies his own work checking location, prodedure, and results.
- Concurrent Verification
- Second qualified individual not participating in the
original actions achieving the current condition performs a verification.
- Post Job Review/Critique
- Opportunity to find mistakes and/or make useful observations
for future procedures.
- Turnover (shift change)
- A smooth and informative change of shift.